How to fade, attenuate, or even erase these brown or black spots without risk : this is a regular request during our personalized diagnoses.
Do you want to know the reasons for the appearance of black spots on the skin ? Is it possible to avoid them and remove them on the face or body ?
We answer you point by point and offer you an effective and approved skincare routine!
Why do we have spots on the skin ?
Endowed with a high concentration of melanin, black, matte or mixed skin are particularly sensitive to external aggressions.
The overproduction of melanin is a process of defense of the skin.
Hyperpigmentation spots are the result of a physiological mechanism more accentuated for black, matte or mixed skin than for white skin. It will develop during different factors :
- Acne : If the skin is squeezed, crushed, or scratched, it can create scars or darker spots later in color.
- Exposure to the sun without suitable sun protection, especially during pregnancy (pregnancy mask or melasma) or when taking certain medications (photosensitization).
- For the black man, the difficulties of shaving sometimes lead to beard folliculitis (pimples and ingrown hairs). The lower face then becomes darker.
- An injury, wound or burn : if it is poorly cared for or exposed to the sun too early.
- Skin diseases such as eczema (and other irritative dermatitis): the appearance of itchy plaques will create spots at the end of the cycle.
- Ochronosis : this condition affects people who use powerful hydroquinone-based depigmentants for whitening purposes. Blue-slate pigmented macules are raised on the cheeks, temples, mouth contour and neck.
Can we avoid hyperpigmentation spots?
Prone to pigmentogenic acne problems? Avoid touching your pimples and other blackheads. Use suitable, non-aggressive products so as not to irritate your skin and dry it out. Be patient. It is possible that a stain leaves room for the button. But if you haven't handled it, it will disappear naturally.
In case of sun exposure, black or mixed skin has a need for protection, different from Caucasian skin. However, its sensitivity requires a filter barrier. In particular, it will prevent the appearance of spots, especially on the face.
You are a man, and the care of your beard is a daily headache? Perform a regular gentle scrub, space out your shaves. Moisturize your skin every day with a suitable care. Follow our complete step by step !
What effective solutions to erase spots on the face and body ?
Some talk about " miracle" creams promising to permanently erase your spots quickly and without side effects? But their potentially dangerous use – combined with their dubious origin – is strongly discouraged by black skin specialists.
These products often contain hydroquinone or cortisone (or topical corticosteroids). These compositions have been banned over the counter since 2001. Only a doctor can prescribe them on prescription, and under supervision. So be very careful when buying cosmetics. Look carefully at the composition.
Aesthetic or dermatological medicine processes are also praised to remove dark spots on the skin : peeling (glycolic, kojic and/or trichloroacetic acids), laser (pigmentary, ablative), flash lamp, cryotherapy.
Unfortunately these techniques are not really suitable for black skin. The results are inconclusive. But above all these methods cause undesirable effects such as white spots !
So always ask a doctor for advice before you start ! Preferably consult a dermatologist specializing in black skin. He will understand your specific problem.
" Grandmother's " recipes to remove stains naturally exist : lemon mask, honey and vinegar for example. A mixture of vegetable oil and lemon essential oil, or carrot seed, or lovage is likely to mitigate them.
Caution: this is not suitable for everyone (risk of irritation). On the other hand, the results from one individual to another are uneven. A useful reminder: the essential oil cannot be used during the day because of the risk of photosensitization. In addition, be vigilant in the event of a possible allergic reaction!
At IN'OYA, we offer you a patented routine, dermatologically tested and by our OYAS for several years. Discover Sonia's encouraging and reassuring testimony . Gentleness, regularity and perseverance: the results will be there!
A 100% effective and safe routine
Seriously fight against hyperpigmentary spots by following this guide:
- A gentle morning and evening cleanse with My Micellar Water if your skin is sensitive and/or dry or My Purifying Cleansing Foam if it is rather combination with oily. This step is very important to rid your skin of impurities such as pollution, sebum, dead skin. It will also promote the renewal of the skin and limit the appearance of new imperfections.
- Every morning, after cleansing your skin, you will use My Unifying Matifying Care or Hydratant (depending on your skin type) to provide the elements necessary for the beauty and radiance of your skin (sebum regulation, hydration, soothing). This treatment will smooth the skin texture from the first weeks. Finally, thanks to our anti-stain technology, it will illuminate and unify the color of your complexion in an entirely natural way.
- Every night, after cleansing your skin, you will use My Anti-Spot Serum. Permanently treat your spots while taking care of your skin. Harmless composition guaranteed ! The effectiveness of the Serum is proven from 28 days for spots less than 3 years old. If these are older spots, we advise you to carry out the treatment for 2 to 3 months for optimal results.
- If your skin is prone to acne, rely on the ACN'OYA Gamme to act preventively on residual marks due to pimples. Every evening, after waiting a few minutes for the Serum to penetrate the skin, you can then apply the Anti-Imperfections Treatment to the entire face. This treatment dries out the pimples, neutralizes inflammation. It smoothes your skin texture from 28 days. It can also be used in the morning, after cleansing the skin and before the Unifying Matifying Care.
- Once or twice a week, perform a scrub with My Exfoliating Scrub Cleansing Gel to deeply exfoliate your skin. This gesture accelerates cell renewal, removes dead cells and thus helps to erase stains.
Note : if your spots are on the body, you can apply the Moisturizing Unifying Body Milk after My Anti-Stain Serum! In case of sun exposure, do not forget the SPF50 Sun Protective Fluid in addition !
At IN'OYA, we like to take care of your skin gently, we also want to alert you to the dangers of lightening creams sometimes relayed as " magic solutions" on social networks. Do you have any doubts ? Check out our article on the dangers of these compositions.